Glencree is dedicated to providing leadership and support in practical peacebuilding, and works to transform violent conflict within and between divided communities in Ireland, North and South, Britain, and elsewhere in the world.
A mix of mediators, solicitors, representatives from the GAA and others made up an audience of over eighty people who attended the seminar on Saturday 2rd March at the International Arbitration Centre in Dublin. Feedback from the seminar which concentrated mostly on the lessons learned by Glencree from mediating almost forty years of conflict was described as ‘excellent’. Click here to read the whole text
Experience the peace of beautiful Wicklow
The Glencree Visitor Centre
- Café Serving: Home-made soups, sandwiches, hot & cold snacks
- Gift shop: Local crafts, maps, souvenirs & jewellery
- History of Glencree Exhibition
- Outside dining deck to enjoy our panoramic views
- Great base from which to explore local walks & cycling trails
- Visit the German Military Cemetery
- Visit our Lady of Lourdes Grotto
- Conference & Small Meeting Room available to hire
Opening Hours: Seven days a week, 9.30am - 5.00pm
Coach parties, walkers, cyclists, clubs (book, bridge, history etc.) welcome and catered for. This is a wheelchair friendly facility.
+353 (0) 1 282 9711 email@example.com
The new Operation Shamrock exhibition upstairs in the Armoury Café is now open. These new panels were kindly sponsored by the Dublin Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany.
New panels telling all about the ‘History of Glencree’ are being developed – watch this space!